A blog about my personal searches, swatches, reviews and updates!

Tuesday, January 4, 2011

OPI Simmer and Shimmer

Okay so here's what I just took off my tips today.
      
OPI Simmer and Shimmer
I got this beautiful polish from my boyfriend's mom for Christmas (along with Orly Space Cadet and Solid Gold Matte), and I wore it for my NYE mani with Zoya's Evangeline on my toes to match the pink glitter. It was really hard to photograph since I'm using my iphone due to just recently breaking my camera. However, I'm still gonna plunge on ahead and hope these pics will be at least slightly useful. The blurring shows just how sparkly this polish is. It's a beautiful glitter polish with tons of teal and silver glitter with little flecks of pink and gold. 

Funny thing about this polish. I thought I would need at least 5 coats since it's tons of glitter in a clear polish, so I tried it over China Glaze Jitterbug (sparkly pewter) and also over Rescue Beauty Lounge 360 (gray-blue). On my pointer finger I applied basecoat, 360 and 2 coats of Simmer & Shimmer, on my middle finger I put basecoat, Jitterbug and 2 coats of Simmer & Shimmer, and on my ring finger I put basecoat and 3 coats of Simmer & Shimmer. I COULD NOT TELL THE DIFFERENCE! This is a really thickly packed glitter polish!

REVIEW: OPI Simmer & Shimmer from Burlesque collection
* Wear (With CND Stickey basecoat and Poshe topcoat) - 
First chip on 2nd day and 1 nail completely chipped off by the 4th.
* Texture - A little runny but workable and much more pigmented than I first expected!
*Price - $8
* Where to buy - ULTA stores
*More info - All Lacquered Up


No comments:

Post a Comment