A blog about my personal searches, swatches, reviews and updates!

Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Ocean Manicure

Hello everyone! Today I have a manicure inspired by the ocean. I get to take a vacation to South Padre, Texas in a a few weeks and I can't wait to go! 
I really wanted to play around with my bottle of Nubar 2010 but I had also bought Zoya Shay and I wanted to wear that too. I decided that Shay looked sort of like sand on a beach and thus this mani was born. I started out with 1 coat of CND Toughen Up base, then I put 2 coats of China Glaze For Audrey on my pinky, middle and pointer fingers and 2 coats of Zoya Shay on my ring finger and thumb. I had problems with both polishes bubbling on me (something that doesn't normally happen to me) and I can only guess that it had something to do with humidity. Anyway, I added 2 coats of Nubar 2010 over the fingers with For Audrey and 1 coat of Sally Hansen Insta-Dri top coat over that. On my ring finger and thumb, I added 1 coat of Insta-Dri over Shay and then used a white striper to paint 2 small stars on my ring finger and a sort of shell shape on my thumb. Then I used a black striper to add three R-E-A-L-L-Y thin lines on the shell and added another coat of Insta-Dri.
Overall, I really like it! The turquoise looks like the water of the Caribbean and the flakies add the flashes from the sun glinting on the water! Okay, so who want to go to the beach now?

No comments:

Post a Comment