A blog about my personal searches, swatches, reviews and updates!

Tuesday, January 4, 2011

First post!

Hello! So I discovered makeup and nail polish this summer when I had some extra cash to blow and some extra time to read blogs. Before this I was only aware of the Walmart makeup aisle with its Covergirl and Maybelline displays. I liked NYC polishes because they were $1.25 and I alternated the navy and purple colored ones on my toes, with the occasional pink for summer. I had been wearing makeup since 15 (I'm now 21) but it consisted of tinted moisturizer, concealer, mascara and lipgloss. I had a few Almay eyeshadows that I wore for special occasions but that was the extent of my collection.

Enter the MAC To the Beach collection. I was enthralled. I had never seen such beautiful colors, products, or such high prices. I caved in and bought the Lustre drops in Sun Rebel and the Bronzing Body Oil. Then my love affair continued with my purchase of Urban Decay’s 24/7 liners in Flipside and Rockstar and hauling a huge pile of China Glaze polishes. Now I’m known as the crazy nail polish lady in my building at school. But it wasn’t until today when I realized I was measuring the cost of getting the oil changed in my car by eyeshadows and nail polishes that I thought maybe I should blog about it. This may also have something to do with the fact that my parents, siblings and boyfriend (who are subjected to my makeup ramblings the most) are getting rather sick of my carrying on about my new nail polish.

So this blog is going to be something for myself. I hope to get some readers and make this fairly interesting. I know I won’t be too big since I’m buying stuff on a college budget, but if I create lemmings for you by sharing some of my personal lemmings that I’ve acquired as well as review some products, provide swatches and some day to day ramblings then I will be perfectly happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment